1. I’m practicing “minimalist living” less stuff and less furniture.
2. I weed out our closet, twice or thrice a year. I eliminate all clothes that do not fit me and clothes that I rarely use; I do the same thing with my husband and son’s closet. We only have limited space so if ever I will buy something, I need to let go some stuff. I give them to relatives or someone who needs them. Some of my son’s pre-loved stuff, I sell it online.
3. I’m practicing “green living”, I really practice reduce, reuse and recycle. Every month we go to junkshop to sell our junk (papers, boxes, plastic, bottles, tin cans and anything that we can sell). All earnings go to my son’s savings account.
4. I’m not a fan of throwing big birthday parties. I do not enjoy the preparation so when my son celebrated his 1st birthday, I just went to McDonalds to avail their birthday package. Less stress and less hassle for me.
5. I love to cook but during holidays and birthdays, I do not want to cook. I rather eat out or take out some food for our Noche Buena or birthday celebration. Less stress and less pressure for me. One more thing, I want to eat different food not my own dish. (“sawa na ko sa luto ko”).
6. I’m not into fashion, jewelry, gadgets or any material stuff, I don’t mind if I do not have the latest gadgets, if I don’t wear branded clothes or shoes and if I don’t own a branded bag because I love to spend my money on experiences. Blessed are those people who can afford to travel and buy branded stuff. I love to travel, how I wish I can do it often. I do believe that you don’t have to be rich to travel; you can see and experience the world in a budget. Travelling makes me happy. Nakakatuwa lang because when I was still working I have the money but I have no time to travel because of my limited vacation leave but now that I am not working, I have all the time in world but I have very limited budget. Hahaha! I also believe that you have to enjoy your hard earned money, di na lang puro save because when you die, you can’t bring your money. (sayang!). So enjoy life! Believe me, there are a lot of things that you can learn and understand when you travel. (parang dami ko ng napuntahan noh?)
7. I always bring camera wherever I go because I love pictures, pictures and pictures. I do hope that I can replace my 5 yrs old camera soon. (para naman maganda shots ko J )