My son was not feeling well last Saturday so we gave him Paracetamol and fever was gone so we had a quick visit to my grandmother’s house last Sunday. But last Monday (afternoon), my son had fever again so I gave him medicine and called my husband to inform him about my son’s condition. He told me to monitor the temperature which I did; I gave him medicine again after 5 hours. Temperature was still high, 102 degrees Fahrenheit so we decided to go to the nearest hospital after dinner.
But when they checked my son’s temperature, it was only 37.4 degrees Celsius so it seems that there’s no more fever. My son is always active but last Monday, he was not hyper so as far as we know, my son is still unwell. We requested for urinalysis and CBC just to make sure that my son has no UTI or dengue.
Yes, I’m a paranoid mom but I want peace of mind. When my son was 3 months old, he had an on and off fever and doctor told me that it was just a viral infection. I trusted her but after few days, my son had fever again and we immediately went to E.R. and to our surprised my son has UTI so we stayed in the hospital for almost a week.
After one hour, laboratory test result was normal, so no UTI and dengue, doctor told me that he won’t prescribed any antibiotic, just give my son Paracetamol if the temperature is greater than or equal to 37.8 degrees Celsius. Again, it was just a viral infection. We went home at 11PM.
I monitor my son yesterday, he just rest, rest and rest. He always wants to be carried and now he’s ok. I need to schedule our flu vaccine as soon as possible; we missed the flu vaccine (c/o hubby’s company) last May 12 because hubby was still in Shanghai.