Banana cupcake is one goodies that I always bake at home to save overripe bananas. I always use the banana recipe which I’ve got from Yummy Magazine and if I have available chocolate chips at home, I added it on the recipe.
Two weeks ago, I baked banana chocolate cupcake and loaf because my husband prefers loaf bread.
1. In a bowl, mix together ½ cup butter at room temperature and 2/3 cup sugar.
2. Add 1 egg and 2 mashed bananas.
3. Mix in coffee (1 ½ tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 ½ water)
4. Add 1 cup plus 2 tbsp flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the mixture into paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (1tbsp sugar and mixed with ¼ tsp cinnamon. (Optional)
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit about 20 to 25 minutes or till sides are lightly browned and tops no longer look wet. For the loaf bread, 55 minutes.
I used the same recipe but my husband said, best cupcake ko daw ito. I told him, Hersheys kasi yung chocolate chips. It is really true that the taste improves if you use better ingredients. The cupcake was gone within 24 hrs. No doubt, type nila yung instant mix of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies compared to my brownies from scratch. Hehehe!