Update 2018: Lunch at La Fiesta
Who doesn’t love eat all you can or buffet? I personally love buffet, it is something I look forward every time we have hotel staycation. Buffet restaurant is also my choice if we have a celebration and get together. You can see here and here the hotel and restaurant buffet that we have tried.
Buffet = No Leftover and No DietDo you know that there’s new buffet restaurant in SM by the Bay Mall of Asia? La Fiesta Restaurant is the "Largest Filipino Buffet" with over 200 dishes and as of this writing, they are now open on its second week. From its name, expect that they serve Filipino dishes originated from different Fiestas all over the country.
I received an invitation to try La Fiesta last week. If you’ve been reading this blog for quite some time now, you know that I don’t usually attend blog events because of my location and most events fall on weekdays but when I’ve read that I can visit on my preferred date and time, I gladly accepted it.
At 5:30 they opened the restaurant and started calling the name on the reservation list. The place is huge measures 1200sqm with 150 tables and 500 seats so they can really accommodate a good number of guests.
We did not waste time anymore and we started checking the food station, I guess they have 7 to 8 stations of food. They served grilled seafood, street foods, noodles, pizza, various types of barbeque, sisig, soup, fruits, desserts and many more Filipino dishes.
Let the photos do the talking.
Our favorites are lechon de leche and papaitan.
Funny story. I was falling in line for ice cream, nung turn ko na I asked the server if there is mocca and he said “wala po ma’m” I pointed the white ice cream and asked kung vanilla yun and he said yes. I went to the table and started eating my ice cream and waah! It is not vanilla ice cream, it is durian ice cream. Nalito na yata ang server and why I was looking for vanilla and mocca ice cream, Filipino and Fiesta nga ang theme. Anyway, my husband enjoyed the durian ice cream. Hahaha!
1. Waiting area is spacious enough, you can stay in bahay kubo or in these comfortable sofas.
2. I love the interiors. The place doesn’t look crowded even guests started to arrive because there is enough room for you to move.
3. I like the idea of serving different Filipino dishes especially those foods that you don’t normally cook or eat at home like Papaitan, Sisig and Dinuguan.
4. Plus points because the buffet rate includes unlimited drinks, I guess over 20 types of drinks such as soda, juice and even beer is unlimited.
5. The service is good from waiting area up to your table. There are staffs everywhere who gladly assist you with all your needs. You can see the smile on their faces, you can hear welcoming remarks and you can really feel their energy. I hope this kind of service will remain.
6. They offer acoustic bands, local folk dances and harana while eating every day. There is a live cultural show every Friday, Saturday (dinner) and Sunday (lunch and dinner) but we missed it because we left early.
7. I could say that the buffet rate is worth it because of the all you can eat food + unlimited drinks.
1. One thing that I dislike in the buffet restaurant is the children rate. I was happy because they did not charge my son yet. Imagine if I will pay P380 and my son only ate one cone of dirty ice cream and 1 pc of yema. #lugi.
2. The children rate is based on height so lugi rin if your children are tall.
3. I was looking for shrimps because that’s my favorite but I did not see it their grilled station. #nagkataonlangba
La Fiesta Buffet Rate
Mon-Sat Lunch P550
Mon-Sat Dinner P750
Sunday and Holiday P750
Height 3.5" ft below (FREE)
4.5" ft below (P380)
4.5: ft above (Adult rate)
Lunch Time - 11:00 - 2:00pm
Dinner Time - 5:30 - onwards
Leftover price P950
Overall, I do recommend La Fiesta if you are into a buffet and if you want a place for get-together, reunions or celebrations. You can bring your friends or families who are balikbayans and foreigners so they can experience our traditional foods.
La Fiesta “Largest Filipino Buffet”
Bldg 1 SM by the Bay, Seaside Blvd
Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City