For the longest time, my two boys have been bugging me to cook this,
Son: “Mommy, I’m hungry, I want doughnuts”.
Hubby: Hindi pa ba maeexpire yung doughnut?
Repeat for the nth time so I’m starting to blame myself for buying this product. lol. When I’m about to cook this, I realized that I don’t have a doughnut cutter so nag-order pa ko. Nung dumating na cutter, nawala naman ang sipag ko. Hahaha! Anyway, after so many months I finally cooked my first ever doughnut using an instant mix.
According to the recipe, I need to deep fry it for 2-3 minutes but I ended up using my Air Fryer because I want to save cooking oil. Baked this for 6 minutes at 375F. Then I mixed powdered sugar and water for the glaze. Lastly, top it with sliced almonds.
I have watched few videos on how to make doughnuts and it looks so easy pero nung ako na, nahirapan ako kasi ang dikit sa kamay. But at least, tapos na paghihirap ko kasi niluto ko na lahat. My two boys like it kahit hindi perfect hitsura but personally, I won’t buy this mix again kasi similar yung taste niya sa pancake mix. hehehe!
Maybe next time, I will try to make my own doughnut from scratch. Baka mas masarap kung may yeast noh? Anyway, if you want to try the mix, here is the link to where I bought it. And you can download my recipe card here.
CJ Beksul Doughnut Mix Recipe
500g CJ Beksul Doughnut Mix
Cooking oil for frying
1. Mix egg and water in a bowl then add doughnut mix. Mix well to make a dough. Knead the dough for 10 minutes then let it rest for 10 minutes. * If the dough is rough and sandy, donuts can become stiff, so be careful.
2. Sprinkle a little flour or doughnut mix on a flat surface and flatten the dough at 0.7cm thick.
3. Start cutting circles and poke the center to make a hole.
4. Preheat the frying pan and pour a generous amount of oil. Deep fry the dough for 2-3 minutes. Do not over fry, the texture can be tough.
5. Glazed your doughnuts with melted chocolate or your favorite toppings.