Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza has been around since 2010, it was owned by Jutes and Cello Templo. Their first branch is in Katipunan so it is too far from where I live. As of this writing, they only have 5 branches, so you are lucky if you live in or near Katipunan, Salcedo, Rada, Serendra, and Shangri-La Plaza. And because of the community quarantine, they only accept take-out or delivery orders.
I’ve been meaning to try this famous pizza because I always see this in my social media newsfeed so finally, I was able to try it. My husband bought Margherita with Fresh Mozzarella PHP510 and Meat Pizza PHP575. No photos of the whole pizza because he shared some of the slices with my brother-in-law. The pizza is only 12 inches so you only have 6 slices.
My husband went home just in time for dinner so I just put the pizza in the fridge. Good thing there is heating instruction on the box. The box includes Homemade Spicy Honey, this is their signature pizza condiment. My husband tried it and it is really spicy but sweet.
Using a Pan
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil (optional)
2. Place 1 or 2 pizza slices on the pan.
3. On the side of the pan (not on the top of the pizza), add a few drops of water (approximately 1/2 tsp) to create steam.
4. Immediately cover the pan with a lid and cook the pizza for 1-2min, until the pizza crust is crisp and the toppings are hot.
Using a Toaster/Oven
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Place 1 or 2 pizza slices on an oven tray or line your oven grills with aluminum foil.
3. Toast the slices for 5-8 minutes, until the pizza crust is crisp and the toppings are hot.
Gino’s Brick Oven Pizza is known for Neopolitan style pizza which means, they offer thin and soft crust pizza with few ingredients. Unlike other pizzas na macheese, with Neopolitan pizza, more on sauce pero kahit hindi macheese, masarap siya.
I enjoyed these two pizza flavors because the dough is thin, soft, and chewy while the crust is crispy. Margherita with Fresh Mozzarella has only Tomato Sauce, Buffalo Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Basil. Meat Pizza has Tomato Sauce, Kesong Puti, Bacon, Homemade Sausage, Salami Milano, and Parmesan. I’ve only tried 2 flavors out of 26 flavors so I told my husband to buy pizza again if ever mapadpad siya ng Shangri-La.
Post a Comment