Advent is one of their lessons in Christian Living so it is the best time to make one and I know my son would be excited to countdown. The Advent calendar is a special calendar that is used to count the days in preparation for Christmas.
I was thankful for different ideas and free printables on Pinterest so making an advent is not difficult. Two nights ago, I printed everything I need and started cutting.
The following day while my son is still in school, I made DIY Christmas envelopes again because I need 12 pieces to complete the 24 days.
Place the number on each envelope and put the activity paper inside the envelope.
1. You get a piece of candy.
2. Write a note to Jesus.
3. Make a gift for someone.
4. Mom will read you a Christmas Story.
5. Make a fun Christmas craft.
6. Watch a favorite Christmas movie.
7. Play Festive Christmas songs and dance.
8. Pick out a Christmas Treat.
9. Make a Christmas cards to give your family.
10. PJ Day.
11. You get to play a video game of your choice for 40min.
12. Make a new ornament for your tree.
13. Watch a favorite Christmas movie.
14. Sing the 12 days of Christmas 12 times.
15. Make a Christmas craft.
16. Record yourself singing a Favorite Christmas song.
17. Read a favorite Christmas story.
18. Call someone you love just to say “hi”
19. Bake Christmas cookies.
20. Bake something special for someone special.
21. See Christmas lights.
22. Drink hot cocoa.
23. Read Christmas story.
24. Open a present.
Then I stick all the envelopes at the back of an old calendar.
I was happy with the result because I thought I couldn’t make it on time. I hang the advent in our door.
I also printed this Christmas tree for another countdown activity, put it in cardboard and cover it with plastic cover. I am still looking for Christmas ball stickers.
Christmas Advent Calendar
Children’s Advent Calendar