It is been more than a year since I shared a recipe here on my blog, ang tagal na pala. I cook every day naman but I haven’t blogged about it. Maybe because I’m always in a hurry, I cook the same dishes or I’m just lazy to take pictures.
Anyway last month, I cooked Shakshouka, Shakshuka or simply Egg + Tomato Sauce dish. Shakshouka in Arabic means a mixture, it is a dish of poached egg in tomato sauce with different spices like chili peppers, cumin, cayenne pepper, and paprika. It is a spicy dish in the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Regions.
There are a lot of Shakshouka recipes on the internet but I did not follow it because I don’t like a spicy dish and I don’t have all the ingredients. So I just used whatever ingredients that I have at home so this is my version of Egg-Tomato Sauce Recipe.
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tomato diced
1 pack of tomato sauce
1 tsp of Spanish paprika
Salt and Pepper 3 Eggs
How to Cook Egg + Tomato Sauce
1. Put the olive oil in frying pan over medium heat.
2. Saute garlic, onion, and tomato until they begin to soften.
3. Add spinach.
4. Add tomato sauce, Spanish paprika, salt, and pepper.
5. Allow to simmer for 5-10minutes.
6. Adjust the seasoning according to taste.
7. Crack the eggs over the tomato sauce mixture.
8. Cover the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. It depends on your desired firmness.
9. Add quickmelt cheese on top.
10. Serve with crusty bread. It is an easy dish that you can add to your egg recipes.
Watch the video here.