Honestly, I’ve never experience sleeping in the tent because I did not join Girl’s Scout when I was young. I didn’t join any overnight mountain climbing activity when I was in college because my major concern is comfort room.
Last January 5, I saw this Glamping Package at Deal Grocer and I called my husband if he’s interested. I asked him to call Nurture Wellness to check if February 18, is still available and he was informed that it is still available. So I immediately purchased the voucher and reserved the date. Good thing that Feb. 19 is a holiday (Chinese New Year) so my son will not miss any lessons in school.
The package includes
22 hours overnight stay at naturally ventilated camping tent
Bon Fire, BBQ diner with rice, fresh fruit platter and lime basil cocktail
Arrozcaldo breakfast with homemade bread & Pate with kale juice
30 minutes outdoor treatment choice of facial, foot massage or head and shoulder massage.
Common toilet and bath, with toilet amenities.
I paid $96.53 (P4500) for the voucher but the regular rate is P3,190 per person, minimum of two persons. My son who is 6 years old is still free of charge.
Fast forward to our wedding anniversary, we fetched our son in school and went straight to Marcia Adams for our 12nn reservation. After our filling lunch, off we went to Nurture Wellness Village.
I just gave my Deal Grocer Voucher + Confirmation Voucher + Valid Id and they gave us forms to fill up + welcome drinks which is hot tea. The staff asked us what time we prefer for the bonfire then she scheduled our massage. She also informed us about the Tai Chi and Nurture Walk schedule if we are interested to join. After that, the butler ushered us to our camping site.
I love our camping site because we have our own dining table, bonfire place, sink and huge tent, I think the tent can accommodate 3 mattresses. Aside from the mattress, the tent has electric fan, small table and small bean bag. My son was looking for television so we allowed him to use the Ipad just for the day.
My husband and son played in the playground then swam in the swimming pool while waiting for our facial massage schedule. The staff even gave us towels in the pool.
The therapist fetched us in our tent for our facial and ushered us here.
The place was really nice and relaxing. We really enjoyed our 30 minutes facial, after that parang ang sarap na matulog. Now I know, why their massage is on the pricey side. After the massage, they gave us hot tea and ushered back to our camping site.
When we arrived, the camping butler was preparing the bonfire, the foods were there and the dining table was already set up. We’re just waiting for our dinner. The grilled food was just ok but we liked the lime basil cocktail.
After dinner, we went inside the tent to rest and sleep. I thought I couldn’t sleep soundly because it was my first time to sleep in the tent, I can hear the flapping of the leaves and I was worried na may ghost. Hehehe
The following morning, even it was still cold I took a bath immediately para solo ko bathroom. Thank God that hot shower is available in the common CR.
Knowing me, I did not join the Tai Chi exercise so we had breakfast na lang. They serve the arrozcaldo, bread and kale juice. We ordered bacon meal for my son. The breakfast meal was just ok, I didn’t like the arrozcaldo (too bland for my taste). The only thing I liked is kale juice.
After breakfast, we joined the Nurture Walk where you can see their farm and fish pond. It is 45 minutes walk (round trip) from Nurture Wellness Village.
After that, we spent the remaining hours in the tent while contemplating where are we going to eat our lunch but we ended up eating at their restaurant. As I mentioned above, our dinner and breakfast was just ok so I was not expecting that we will enjoy our lunch. But I was wrong, we liked the Pork Binagoongan and Sinampalukan na Manok meal. So bumawi sila sa food dun, they even gave us complimentary bread while waiting for our lunch. We ordered additional rice for my son.
Overall, we really enjoyed our glamping experience. It was a different experience compared to our hotel staycation. A unique way to spend our anniversary. It was simple yet fun.
1. The place was really inviting and relaxing. It is nice to know that they live up to their name. It is clean and well maintained.
2. I’ve been to different places and Nurture Wellness is the third resort/place that I’ve given a perfect score when it comes to service. Yes, we love their service. From the time we check-in and check-out, we really feel the welcome of the staff. Even the gardener will greet you and smile at you. They are all approachable and professional. The other two resorts that we enjoyed the service are Pearl Farm Resort and Shangri-la Mactan Resort and Spa.
3. We have camping butler who will attend to our needs.
4. Free wifi, yes we have wifi in the tent.
5. I like the serving and presentation of the food.
Not really dislike but things that they should improve.
1. I think the tent should be replaced because I can see small holes and cut and the zipper is not working properly.
2. The grilled food is just ok, I hope camping guests are allowed to bring food because I love grilled liempo or porkchop. The arrozcaldo really needs improvement.
3. In the form there was a birthday and wedding anniversary information so I was expecting that we will have surprise on that day but there was no surprise. Hehehe! Umasa lang ako.
My Body Massage Experience.
Nurture Wellness Village
Pulong Sagingan, Barangay Maitim II
West Cavite, Tagaytay,
Luzon 4120, Philippines
Mobile: +63 918 888 8772
Telephone: +63 2 710 9786