Bacolod is not known for tourist spots but if you want food trip, Bacolod is the place to be…The food is not expensive compared to Metro Manila price so you will enjoy eating without splurging much. The downside part of our trip is we gained more pounds. (panira ng diet). =)
1. McDonalds – My husband suggested this place, he said “malapit lang hon, sa mcdo na lang tayo” and I trusted him but it is very faaaaaaaar from Circle Inn, I guess 1 km (almost). McDonald is located just in front of Capitol Lagoon, can you imagine that, nilakad lang namin.
Actually, we’re not really hungry because we ate lasagna at NAIA 3 just before our flight. But we don’t know where to go so we went to Mcdonald.
2. Calea – I’ve been reading good reviews about their cakes so even I dislike cheesecake, I tried it and you know what, I now love blueberry cheesecake and white cheesecake. I can have this every single day, how I wish we have Calea in Metro Manila. Did you know that Calea is just in front of L’Fisher Hotel and Saltimbocca Inn. That’s the reason why I said that they have best location. =)
Hubby: 1. White Cheesecake 2. Blueberry Cheesecake 3. Imported Chocolate Cake
Me: 1. Blueberry Cheesecake 2. White Cheesecake 3. Imported Chocolate Cake
|P85 white choco cheesecake|
|P85 blueberry cheesecake|
|P85 imported chocolate cake|
We stayed for almost two hours again, coffee and cake food trip. =) If Bacolod is our last stop, I will definitely buy one whole blueberry cheesecake. Writing this post is a torture because I really miss Calea.
3. Circle Inn – Hubby didn’t like to eat lunch and he just wanted to sleep and sleep so we (me and my son) just called Circle Inn restaurant for room service. Foods were just ok.
4. 21 Restaurant – The place looks intimidating and we’re really thinking twice if we will eat here or not because we’re just wearing shirt and jeans but when I saw someone wearing shirt and shorts we finally enter the restaurant. =) Looking at the interior of the restaurant, I assume that the price is not affordable but I was shocked when I saw the price, it is not expensive. In addition to that, there’s no service charge but I’m sure you will give a tip because of the good service. We enjoyed our food; steak is so tender, juicy and flavourful. Great place to have a date.
|P295. my son loves mshed potato and fried onion|
After dinner, we dropped by at Calea again, do I have to say more. =)
|additional P5 for take out order (extra plastic daw)|
5. Pendy’s – we had breakfast here at the same time, we bought pasalubong. Price is a little bit expensive and taste is just ok, for me nothing special but my husband said their La Paz batchoy is better than Ted’s in Iloilo.
|pansit P120, Batchoy P120, P25 butter toast, P40 half moon|
6. Aida’s Manokan Country – this is the reason why I have to extend our stay in Bacolod. Of course I won’t leave Bacolod without tasting the authentic Bacolod Inasal. Here in Metro Manila, I’m not a big fan of Inasal because I find them dry but in Bacolod, their chicken is juicy and flavourful.
|P70 pechopak P16 rice|