Four years ago, we renewed our passports at the same time so we can take advantage of the family application. At that time, there is a separate lane for a single application and for family application/senior citizens so we were able to renew our passports in 45 minutes at DFA-NCR South. But DFA already changed their policy and system so it feels like the first time again.
Last year, my husband renewed his passport earlier than us because he only has few pages left and it took me a long time to schedule an appointment, you can read the story here. Then this year, it is time for me and my son to renew our passports so last month, I tried the courtesy lane but unfortunately, the DFA staff did not allow my 10-yr old son to renew his passport (adult companion lang ang pwede +1 ng PWD), you can read the story here.
I was disappointed but I have no choice but to book an appointment for my son. So after I renewed my passport via the Courtesy Lane, I’ve been checking the available schedule on DFA website but the earliest Saturday schedule is September 21. My son doesn’t want to be absent in school so I need a Saturday schedule. Fortunately, when I checked DFA website at past 6PM, I saw a slot for September 14, 2019, I grab it even the only available time is 5-6PM.
Booking an appointment is so easy, there are just a few changes because this time I have to pay the Passport fee before I can confirm the Passport Appointment. I remembered this was implemented last year; few months after my husband renewed his passport. It is additional stress and expense because you cannot pay online, I have to go to Bayad Center just to pay the Passport fee + PHP50 convenience fee.
How to Book and Pay for your DFA Passport Appointment Online
1. Go to DFA site https://www.passport.gov.ph/appointment
2. Check the box “I have read and understood the instructions and information on this page… ”
3. Choose Individual appointment or Group Appointment
“Please be reminded that any incorrect information that is inputted in this application form may result to delay in your application and that misrepresentation on your part may be considered grounds for refusal/cancellation of your application.”
4. Choose your preferred site
a. Angeles (Marquee Mall)
e. Cagayan de Oro
i. DFA Manila (ASEANA)
j. DFA NCR East (Megamall)
k. DFA NCR North (Robinsons Novaliches)
l. DFA NCR North East (Ali Mall)
m. DFA NCR South (Alabang)
n. DFA NCR West (SM Manila)
q. General Santos
s. La Union
u. Pampanga (Robinsons Starmills)
v. Puerto Princesa
5. Choose your preferred date and time. Since I chose DFA NCR South, they have 8 schedules from 10AM to 6PM. But the only available was 5-6PM.
6. Fill out the form and submit
- Personal Information
- Family Information
- Application Information
- Contact Information
7. Choose the processing type
Since I booked a Saturday schedule, I only have one choice and it is Express Processing for PHP 1200
Express Processing (P1200)
6 Working days for Aseana and Consular Offices within Metro Manila
7 Working Days for Consular Offices outside Metro Manila
8. Click Pay Now and there is a pop-up box
Please be reminded of the following
* Processing fee must be settled within 24 hours upon receipt of the Reference Number. Your bank may not be available on weekends and holidays.
* Amount indicated is exclusively for the payment of the Passport Processing Fee
* Your chosen mode of payment may charge a convenience fee.
* Processing fee is not refundable. Applicants are advised to appear on their scheduled appointment.
9. Click I Agree, Proceed to payment
Then you will see the General Guidelines for your payment.
Pay in cash to Bayad Center Outlets (USSC, 7-11, ECPay, Robinsons, Pera Hub, True Money, Cebuana, etc.) or download Bayad Center Mobile App. A PHP50 Convenience Fee will be added.
10. I checked my email “DFA Passport Appointment System - Payment Reference” to get my reference number for the payment.
11. Pay for the fee.
The following day, my husband went to the nearest Bayad Center pero hindi pa daw sila tumatanggap ng ganoong payment and sinabihan siya sa LBC daw siya magbayad. So my husband paid at LBC, PHP1250
12. Check email
When my husband went home, I immediately check my email “DFA Passport Appointment System - Confirmation Notification”. I downloaded and printed the documents from the confirmation email.
YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY CONFIRMED YOUR PASSPORT APPOINTMENT BOOKING.
1. Print all the attached documents in A4-size paper. Click [here] to download your application form. (Your PC needs to have a suitable PDF reader installed such as Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader in order to view the downloaded file.)
2. Bring the printed application form, e-receipt, and checklist along with all the necessary support documents (and photocopies thereof) on the date of your appointment. The application form will be scanned at the passport site. Be aware that you may be refused entry if you fail to bring the system-generated application form.
Requirements Needed for Passport Renewal (Minor)
1. Confirmed Online Appointment
2. Personal appearance
3. Printed application form
4. E-receipt from the confirmation email
5. Current passport and photocopy of the data page.
6. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth Certificate
7. Marriage Certificate is required if only one parent is accompanying the child
- If parents are unmarried, an Affidavit of Support and/or Consent executed by the Mother will be required if she is not accompanying the child.
- If Affidavit of Support and/or Consent is executed abroad, it must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate.
8. Passport or Valid Government issued ID of either parent with one (1) photocopy
9. School ID (if applicable)
Read: 3 Ways to Get PSA Documents
How to Renew your Passport via DFA Courtesy Lane