Actually cooking this dish is easy, the only thing I dislike is it took me 5 hours to cook the dish, that is the main reason why I seldom cook this at home. I have to boil the meat for 4 hours or until tender then I have to clean and slice it. You can check you tube on how to clean beef/pork tongue.
Sharing with you my recipe
1 beef tongue (lengua)
1 tbsp garlic minced
Oil to toast the garlic
2 tbsp butter
1 pack of all purpose cream
1 small can of slice mushroom
1 can of cream of mushroom
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Dried Parsley
1. Clean, boiled and slice the tongue.
2. Toast the garlic. Set aside. I
3. In the same pan, add the butter and pan-fry the sliced beef tongue 3-4 minutes each side. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, saute the onion and slice mushroom.
5. Add the all purpose cream and cream of mushroom. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Put the slice beef tongue in the sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes in low fire.
8. Transfer to serving dish and add the toasted garlic.