Few days ago I baked “The Best Brownie” and yesterday I tried the “Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies”. I guess this is one of the most pinned cookie recipe in Pinterest and I’ve read a lot of good reviews so I decided to try the recipe. This is the first chocolate cookie recipe that I’ve tried so I can’t really say if this is the best chocolate chip cookie for me. I guess I’m not a fan of chewy cookie and I prefer crispy chocolate cookie. The cookie turned out soft, moist and chewy.
I’ve got this recipe in “Apple a Day” site.
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Makes approximately 3 dozen.