Acuatico is one of the popular resorts in San Juan, Batangas so it is really in my bucket list for so long. I want to reserve a room but I find it expensive for my budget especially that I’m reading a lot of mixed reviews so I was really thinking if it is really worth it. Secondly, it was hard to book a room because it is always fully booked, as in you need to book ahead of time especially summer season.
Imagine my excitement when my husband told me that we will go to Acuatico Beach Resort. He received a confirmation voucher last month from a friend and it was already booked for July 18-19. I want to insert happy dance here but when I checked our calendar, July 20-21 is my son’s first monthly exam. Spell R-E-V-I-E-W time.
In addition, there were no classes for 3 days due to bad weather. So a week before our trip, I was praying hard for good weather, sayang naman if hindi matuloy and like I said mahirap magpabook.
Fast forward to July 18, we went to Asian Hospital first for my 12th session of phototherapy then off we went to Batangas. Travel time from Alabang is more or less 3 hours including our drive-thru at Jollibee San Juan Batangas for our lunch.
Arrived at the resort at 12:12NN. They gave us welcome drinks and since check-in time is 1PM we need to wait but we can already use the amenities and facilities while waiting.
Finally, I saw the beauty of Acuatico Beach Resort and Hotel and it is indeed picturesque.
|Complimentary drinks and cookie (uraro), complimentary coffee and tea, mini ref, safety deposit box, bible and cable tv and phone.|
I was expecting that we will rest first before exploring the resort but my husband wanted to go to game room. So we played table tennis and air hockey.
Then we went to the beach to play sand and have fun with waves. I was thankful that it was not raining but the waves were too strong so even the kayak and pedal boat are free to use, we're not allowed to use it for safety reason. My son is not really into beach because according to him, there are sharks there so he just loves playing with sand.
But I was surprised that he enjoyed the beach during our last trip.
Dinner is not included in our package so we have no choice but to avail the buffet dinner of Oceano because they don’t offer a la carte. P675 for adult and half rate for my 6 yrs old son. I just wished they have pork or beef dish in their menu para sulit naman ang P675.
While eating dinner, I was surprised when my son told me “Mommy, I saw my classmate here”. True enough he saw his classmate in the hallway when we went back to our room. What a small world, so nagkainstant playmate ang aking anak the following morning. (Nabuking na di nagrereview sa exam.)
|The 6 dishes for buffet dinner are lemon butter tanigue, callos, pinakbet, seafood curry, fish fillet and a chicken dish.|
We had buffet breakfast in Oceano.
|Omelet station, bread station, cereal station, pansit, sausage, chicken sausage, tuna, tocino and danggit for breakfast|
1. We really like the place, like I said it is picturesque.
2. The service is good from our check-in until we left. The staff are approachable, they will greet you or smile at you.
3. They provided a small booklet where you can see the different amenities and facilities that they offer including the operating hours.
4. I’ve been to different resort and Acuatico is not that big but it provides amenities and facilities that you need like spa, gift shop, playroom, game room, basketball, volleyball and others.
5. The room is small but it has bath tub.
6. First time to see rubber slippers, most of the time bedroom slippers lang ang nakalagay. There are laundry bag, umbrella, blower and flashlight too.
7. Free wi-fi and we did not have any problem with our connection even when we’re in the beach chair.
8. Bringing of food and drinks are not allowed but they provide complimentary water drinks so don’t worry. We are early sleepers so nagising talaga kami na may nagdoor bell, the staff gave us one pitcher of cold water. We did not ask for it or naligaw lang ng room ang nagdeliver.
1. Check-in time is 1PM but our room was not ready by 1PM.
2. They don’t have a la carte so we have no choice but to avail the buffet dinner. The taste of the food is ok but for me choices were very limited. Same with breakfast, they need to add more dish.
3. There were flies inside the restaurant. There were lighted candles on the table to shoo the flies but I think it is really better if there are no flies inside the restaurant.
4. Free use of kayak and pedal boat are included in the package but we were not able to use it because of the strong waves. I wish the rate is cheaper during rainy season.
5. The room is small and bed is so close to the main door so you can really hear the foot steps of the guests outside, first room pa naman kami sa hallway. So it is really hard to sleep especially maaga kami natutulog.
Overall, we had a great time in Acuatico so it is no longer surprising if people go here in spite of expensive rate. We left before 11AM because we have to review pa for my son’s exam baka naalon na yung inaral namin before kami umalis. lol
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
Laiya, San Juan, Batangas,
Note: Once you reach San Juan, Batangas, there's a booth there where you have to pay P20 each for Ecological Fee. The ticket will be collected at the resort.