We had a college reunion last weekend, I suggested Sambokojin but they wanted Dads, Saisaki and Kamayan so I give in. Meeting time is 11:30 and I was there 11:45am, it was really my plan not to be on time because my friends are always late and as expected they came past 12:30nn. They suggested the venue and time but they did not make any reservation so I was really disappointed because all I thought there’s already a reservation since it’s weekend. So imagine our waiting time just to be seated. We left the house at 9:30am so we’re really hungry.
When my friends came, I asked one of my friends why she did not make any reservation and she said, “busy ako noh, bakit hindi ikaw? wala ka naman ginagawa at nasa bahay ka lang buong araw”. I did not say a word because I choose my own battles but deep inside, I was deeply hurt, it is like a slap into my face that I’m very unproductive. Yes, I am a full time mom but it doesn’t mean that I have so much free time. It doesn’t mean that I’m not doing anything. Full time mom is also a busy individual, I’m not just watching tv, eating, sleeping or checking facebook, I have my own work too, it may not be in corporate world but still I work. I won’t resign on my part time job if I have so much free time. I have neither yaya nor helper and I’m doing my best to manage my time so I can finish my chores and just to have my own “me time”. If I was the one who organize the reunion, I will definitely make a reservation even it’s a long distance call.
|photo from google image|
So please, if you have a friend or you know someone who is a full time mom, be careful with your words. Here are some things you should never say to a stay at home mom: I’ve read this last month at mommy fleur’s blog.
1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don't work?
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.
6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway?
8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean.
-Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends