Back to school is fast approaching and honestly I’m not yet ready. How I wish I could extend summer vacation. Are you ready this coming school year?
Well, as early as first week of May, I’ve been preparing for school year 2015-2016. I have this “Back to School Checklist” to make sure that I won’t miss out anything. I want to know the possible expenses so I can prepare my budget.
Last month, I enrolled my son in McDonald’s Kiddie Crew and the fastfood is just beside his school so I took advantage to drop by after his Kiddie Crew. I just got the school supplies list, books list and our schedule to buy books.
After that I started my preparation.
1. Inventory of school supplies - I checked our supplies and assessed the stuff if we can reuse it again, just like these crayons, I told my son that we will reuse his crayons. (checked)
2. Make list of supplies - I listed all the things that we need to buy for school and home. (checked)
3. Try on uniform - For the last three years, I’ve been buying new sets of uniform every school year so I’m really glad that this year, we can reuse his old uniforms.
I just need to buy one set of uniform because in grade school, he will wear regular uniform for 4 days so I need extra uniform. (just in case hindi agad makalaba at plantsa). My son needs gala uniform too for the Friday mass (once a month). (checked)
4. Shop for supplies and uniform- after doing my inventory and list, I went to school to buy uniform and school supplies like notebook and envelope (stuff that has logo of school).
Then I went to National Bookstore to buy the other stuff because it is cheaper compared to school. (checked)
5. Shop for books - in my son’s school, there’s a schedule on when you can buy the books but you can still buy after the scheduled week. But I always buy on the day of schedule. (Takot maubusan and baka napagpilian na ang matira) (checked)
6. Make list and buy clothes needed for school - aside from uniform, we still need to check other clothes needed like white sando, socks, handkerchief and underwear. (checked)
School shoes and rubbers shoes still fits so less expense. (checked)
7. Shop for school bag/snack bag - we bought new trolley bag (box type) for my son because he has more books and notebooks in grade school so even his old bag is still working fine, we have no choice but to buy a bigger one. (checked)
Read: Choosing a School Bag
Shopping for a School Bag
8. Shop for water bottle, lunch box and utensils - my son will be in grade school so I need to buy these stuff. (checked)
9. ID bag tags/name tags - I will reuse the old bag tag and printed new name tag. (checked)
You can also laminate this and use as bag tag but I will use this as name tag. I bought an ID case.
10. Print labels for school supplies. - I printed the book labels with name only because I can’t wait till June 6 (release of section). I want to cover the books as soon as possible. #nocramming (checked)
11. Make appointments for hair cuts, dentist and doctor - haircut and flu vaccine was scheduled on first weekend of June.
I have to schedule our dentist appointment again because the staff just texted me yesterday. Our appointment was canceled because the dentist has dental mission on the scheduled date.
12. Take "first day of school photo" - I always do this for memories sake.
I'm waiting for the orientation day for the grooming kit list. So far I’m almost done with my list, I just need to prepare myself. In two weeks time I will set up my alarm clock again. I need to wake up early to prepare my son’s baon. Waah! Another dilemma for me, menu for lunch baon.