Here are my energy saving tips that I really practice.
1. No standby mode on our appliances.
2. Appliances are unplugged if unused.
3. Turn off all unused lights.
4. Defrost the fridge every weekend.
5. Wash in full load and minimize the use of spin dryer, air dry if possible.
6. We also use power saver, I have this product since 2008 until now we are still using it. It really helps us to minimize our electricity consumption.
But even we are doing our best to save on electricity but if there are always price increase per kwh, our electric bill is still high. Our electric bill goes up to 200 - 300% increase every summer so it really hurts the budget.
My husband installed solar panel in our house last March, it was a big decision because it is not cheap to install one. But I’m blessed to have a husband who can do it so labor is free. We also have solar lamp outside so even we’re not at home, our house is well lighted.
We’ve been contemplating about it since last year but so far we have no regrets in investing in solar panel because we received our bill last March and April and there was really a decrease in our electric bill.
We’re also starting to replace old appliances into more energy efficient one.
Care to share your energy saving tips.