The moment I saw the two lines in my pregnancy test I was so happy and I could not explain the feeling, all I know is I will be a mother soon but it was not a successful pregnancy. But God is so good and He gave me another chance and now I have a son. I always say that my son completes me because I know that without him I won’t be a mother.
“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born, she never existed before. The woman existed but the mother never. A mother is something absolutely new“ – Rajneesh
No one says that motherhood is a sweet journey and you never know how hard it is unless you become a mother. I hope there is Motherhood 101 lesson in school so I would be prepared but there isn’t any lesson but every day is a chance for me to learn how to raise my son, how to be a good mother and how to enjoy being a full time mom.
Being a mother is not easy because there are always challenges, trials and mistakes along the way. There are times that I feel that I’m not doing the right thing and I’m such a failure mom but I know that it is all part of life. Despite all of these hardships and challenges, I can definitely say that I’m grateful because God gave me the opportunity to become a mom and I will not trade this for anything because there are a lot of sweet moments, happy memories and joys of motherhood.
My unexpected joys of motherhood
1. I’m happy that I chose to be a stay at home mom because I have more time with my son and I can capture those first time moments. Witnessing his first smile, crawl, steps, etc. are priceless memories.
2. I enjoy taking photos of his developments, milestones and crazy moments.
3. The first time my son called me “mommy”.
4. Hugs and kisses from my son is enough to melt my heart even when I’m mad.
5. I have a companion when my husband is not around.
6. I know I will have separation anxiety if my son wants to have his own bedroom.
7. Our everyday activity and bonding.
8. I find blogging inspiration from him.
Motherhood is a lifetime journey and process. I learn and discover some things that I did not know that I have. I never thought that I could love someone unconditionally. Honestly, I’m not fond of kids’ maybe that is why I don’t want to be a teacher because I have very little patience but when I had my son, everything change. He changed me.